With more than US$ 10.4 billion in project values, TAV Construction has rapidly become Turkey’s undisputed leader in the sector. Featuring futuristic and ultra-modern airports which are both functional and aesthetically pleasing, TAV has distinguished itself by its excellence, high-caliber work, enthusiasm and ambition. Moreover, using the latest high-tech innovations in the industry, it is able to complete projects in record time, simultaneously maintaining the highest standards of quality and superiority in its work.
In a sense, TAV Construction was born with the new Istanbul Atatürk International Airport project. After being awarded the BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) tender for the new international airport terminal and multi-storey car park in 1997, first TAV Group Company was established by Tepe Construction and Akfen Holding as a joint Venture, hence TAV. The immediate aim of the new company was to complete the new Istanbul airport construction, financing, passenger terminal operations and related consulting and management services in the international arena.
Foreseeing the tremendous growth of the aviation and travel sectors both in Turkey and internationally, coupled with the demand for new airports of the highest quality and technology, the founders of the Company established TAV Tepe Akfen Yatırım İnşaat ve İşletme A.Ş., (TAV Tepe Akfen Investment Construction and Operation JSC-or, in short, TAV Construction) in 2003 as a spin-off of TAV Havalimanları Holding A.Ş. From the beginning, the aim was to become the leading brand in airport construction in the region.
TAV Construction has seven branches and two subsidiary companies outside of Turkey:
· United Arab Emirates Branches: TAV Construction has established branch offices in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and Dubai to seize the burgeoning opportunities in the booming construction sector in the Gulf Region. Building on its initial project of constructing steel roof hangars in Dubai for Emirates Airlines’ A380 airliners, TAV Construction has accomplished a large shopping mall, a private school and a high-rise building. The company has currently a portfolio of three stunning high-rise towers that will mark the rapidly developing landscape of the region for years to come.
· Egypt Branch: Following TAV Construction’s successful bid to build the new terminal of the Cairo International Airport, TAV Construction Egypt Branch was registered in December 2004. Besides the ongoing job on the airport, TAV Construction Egypt Branch’s highly qualified and motivated staff is also working towards new airport and related construction tenders in the region.
· Qatar Branch: After the Company was awarded the tender to construct the New Doha International Airport Passenger Terminal Complex, TAV Construction Qatar Branch was established in April 2006.
· Tunisia Branch: Upon being awarded with Enfidha Hammamet Airport Construction Project, TAV Construction Tunisia Branch was established on June 2007.
· Libya Branch: Upon being awarded with New Tripoli International Terminal Buildings Project, TAV Construction Libya Branch has been established in September 2007.
· Bahrain Branch: TAV Construction Bahrain Branch was established in September 2007.
· Macedonia Branch: Following the contracts to build the Skopje Alexander the Great International Airport and renovate the Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle, TAV Construction established its Macedonia Branch in April 2010.
· TAV Muscat LLC: The award of Infrastructure Works Package - MC1 of Muscat International Airport has been an opportunity for TAV Construction to establish an overseas subsidiary: TAV Muscat LLC in July 2009.
· TAV Qatar LLC: In order to closely follow projects in Qatar, TAV Construction Doha LLC has been established in March 2010.